Entries must be submitted between March 1, 2020 and December 1, 2020.
- Manuscripts of 60 to 95 pages should be submitted in .doc or .docx file format.
- Name, address, and phone number should appear on the title page.
- Acknowledgments should appear on a separate page.
- Individual collections must be the work of a single author. Translations are not accepted.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in final form; revisions or emendations to acknowledgments will not be considered during the contest.
- Multiple submissions to other publishers are acceptable provided we are informed if the manuscript is accepted elsewhere.
- There is a $30 fee per entry to help defray administrative costs.
- For an additional $10, you will also receive an e-book of the winning entry.
- If you wish to submit a paper copy of your manuscript, please visit our website at http://www.ohioswallow.com/poetry_prize
- The final judge for the competition will be named when the winner is announced in April, 2020. Individual criticism of manuscripts cannot be given.
- The winning manuscript will be awarded a cash prize of $1,000 and published by Ohio University Press in both print and electronic format the following calendar year.